These are my notes from B1G Fridays Crossfits: Daily Bible Reps
What is the Bible to you?
Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Why believe the Bible?
- Unity of the Bible
- Fulfillment of the Prophecies
- Accuracy of the Bible
- Indestructibility of the Bible
- Transforming Power of the Bible
- The Bible gives us guidance and direction.
- “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” Psalms? ?119:105? ?NLT??
- It equips believers for victorious Christian living
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” 2 Timothy? ?3:16-17? ?NLT??
- “Provision” means support
- It is helpful in teaching
- B. It is useful for rebuking
- C. It is useful in correcting
- D. It is useful for training
How to learn God’s Word?
- Through Bible Reading
- try to memorize verses
- Memorization leads to meditation leads to transformation leads to proclamation
- Through personal Bible Study
- “He had arranged to leave Babylon on April 8, the first day of the new year, and he arrived at Jerusalem on August 4, for the gracious hand of his God was on him. This was because Ezra had determined to study and obey the Law of the Lord and to teach those decrees and regulations to the people of Israel.” Ezra? ?7:9-10? ?NLT??
One Basis: The Bible is none other than Jesus Christ.