These are my notes from B1G Fridays #RelationshipGoals: Achievement Unlocked
31 As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.” Ephesians 5:31 NLT
- “The two shall become one flesh”
- marriage is doing things TOGETHER.
To find love: Who do I things together with?
Staying in love: Who do I do things together for?
To Find Love…
- Who do I want to partner with so we can pursue our purpose together?
- The purpose of marriage is to glorify God and reflect Christ’s love at home.
- Sometimes God will take away someone that we’ve always wanted so that He can give us someone that we’ve always needed.
Staying in Love…
- Who do I do things together for?
- Selfishness is one of the roots of problems.
- Be selfless, do things for the Lord.
- 22 For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22 NLT
- Before you get into marriage, know yourself first in Christ – be 100% in Christ
- The best marriage is between two selfless people.
- Sanctification is the process where a spouse is being transformed from being selfish to being selfless.
25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.[a] 27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. Ephesians 5:25-27